Tuesday, November 10, 2009

FIRST SIGNS OF LIFE


Maybe it's just a bony finger twitch or the flutter of the eyelid, but my creation is starting to show signs of life. I have finished the first painting for the book. This painting will accompany a quote from "Paradise Lost" in the front. It is a little more abstract than the other paintings for the book. But I felt that it is fitting for the purpose. Here is the quote:

Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay
To mould Me man? Did I solicit thee
From darkness to promote me?-

Paradise Lost


I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I know this quote hits a personal chord with me. Maybe not so much now, but at least in my angsty years of youth I've felt animosity for being brought into this world.

Earlier today I spoke on the phone with my editor, Jordan. We went through all the omissions and notes from the first volume of Frankenstein (there are 3 volumes to the book). All the abridgments have been made and approved to the first volume. I have decided rather than go through and complete the last two volumes, to proceed with thumbnails and paintings on this volume. Getting my hands bloody will help keep me sane.

So you can all expect posts from here on out to be exhilarating.

Be Grim!
Gris Grimly

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this and we anxiously await more. Can not wait to buy the finished work.

    ReplyDelete