Tuesday, December 8, 2009

MAPPING OUT THE JOURNEY


I've been a bit scatter brained in my execution of the Frankenstein book. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. It just means that I haven't been focusing on one task and carrying it through. In a way, this keeps me sane. The biggest satisfaction that comes from working on a book is seeing the completion of an illustration. Working on planning, thumbnails and sketches for weeks can be really draining. So instead, I've been running back and forth from doing thumbnail sketches to working on maps and letterheads to completing full page illustrations.

As a kid, I always liked books with maps in them. Here is one such map to be used in my Frankenstein book for future children to admire.

Be Grim!
Gris Grimly

3 comments:

  1. love the ship but for a moment i thought "northern" said "Nort Hen."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip Hip!! I loved maps too! Urs looks great!!

    ReplyDelete