Friday, August 10, 2012

IN THAT HOUR I SHOULD DIE...

Here is your page of the week.


The text for the page:

"I go; but remember, I shall be with you on your wedding-night."

All was again silent; but his words rung in my ears. Why had I not followed him, and closed with him in mortal strife? But I had suffered him to depart, and he had directed his course towards the main land. I shuddered to think who might be the next victim sacrificed to his insatiate revenge. And then I thought again of his words - "I will be with you on your wedding-night." In that hour I should die, and at once satisfy and extinguish his malice.

The prospect did not move me to fear; yet when I thought of my beloved Elizabeth, - of her tears and endless sorrow, when she should find her lover so barbarously snatched from her, - tears, the first I had shed for many months, streamed from my eyes, and I resolved not to fall before my enemy without a bitter struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment